What Do All These SEO Terms Mean?
Search Engine Optimization Terms & Acronyms
- CPC: Cost Per Click — CPC is the amount an advertiser pays every time a user clicks on one of their advertisements in a PPC campaign.
- CPM: Cost Per 1000 Impressions — CPM is the amount an advertiser pays for every 1000 (or, roman numeral “M”) users who view their advertisement on a web page.
- CTR: Click Through Rate/Ratio — CTR is a measure of the amount of users who click an advertisement as compared to the number of users who see the advertisement.
- PPC: Pay Per Click — PPC is an advertising model used on the Web in which advertisers only pay when a user actually click their advertisement.
- PR: PageRank — PageRank is an algorithm used to measure the value of a particular document relative to other documents in the same set. Commonly used by search engines to rank web site popularity.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization — SEO is the process of tweaking web sites so that they are more likely to be indexed higher in search engine results.
- SERP: Search Engine Results Page — SERP is the listing of web pages returned by a search engine in response to a user search
Have more questions? Submit a request